Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vijay kumar (Tutor)     26 January 2022

Not given benefit of land acquisition by government.

Some part of our Ancestral Land has been acquired to for road.
We came to know about this in 2019 only after list has been published on website.
After coming to know, my parents raised objections why my parents name is not there only my uncle name is there and submitted application to Land Acquisition department and CM.

Soon after that corona struck, my parents are 70+ old people having various health issues, due to corona lock down and health concerns, we could not go to land acquisition department as land was in different state.

No information was ever given regarding land acquisition and further more no information was given what was done to our application.

We visited land acquisition again after getting vaccinated. Department says that you should have made application to Collector within limitation period of 6 months.

Since we were unaware about legal procedure and no lawyer suggested us to file application to collector. We were only suggested to file application to land acquisition department so we did.

Award has been made and award will be paid only to people whose name is in list of beneficiary.

After coming to know that application has to be made not to cm or land acquisition department but to collector.

We made application to Deputy commissioner as there is no collector in the district where land is situated. As per information we got from collectorate DC is acting collector.

There is no land acquisition, rehabilitation and resettlement authority in the district. We approached senior lawyer in the district, we were told that this case cannot be represented in local district court as matter is bared by LA Act 2013.

We are suggested that approach high court, and cite corna and health issues no vaccinated due to treatment as reason for delay in filling application at Collector/DC.

Please guide appropriately in this regards. Any help would be appreciated.

Learning

2 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     27 January 2022

Limitation during the period of COVID-19 stands extended by an order passed by Supreme Court in Suo Moto writ petition No 03/020, which is still in vogue.

Consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for necessary proceeding.

P. Venu (Advocate)     27 January 2022

If the lands were acquired, the due process would have been followed. First of all, ascertain the specific particulars of acquisition. This could be done under the RTI Act. In some States, District Collectors are designated as Deputy Commissioners. It appears that you are from Karnataka,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register