Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sandeep Mehra   10 May 2020

signed chequs fraud case

Hi,
Everyone
We have taken some of 4lac from some person against our property papers and My husband took my sign on blank chks assuring that these are only formalities. security cheques blank signed in the year 2016 also given to that person.
But thn we have paid that person the amount back in cash in monthly installments but now he had put case on us in year 2018 Claiming 13lac Which is more then double the amount .
Kindly suggest what shoul I do And how can I defend against this fraud . I shall be thankful to you

Learning

3 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     10 May 2020

Before filing the case, they would have served the statutory notice upon you. What was the content of the reply, if any, you had sent?

Furthermore, are you having any documents as to the loan taken and subsequent payments made to the lender?

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     11 May 2020

Full details not available.

1. When you took the money, was it in cash, did you sign any Pronote etc Based on which evidence a case is filed against you 2 years back

2. When you gave cheques, were they dated

3. Whether such cheques were presented and returned unpaid for want of funds

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     11 May 2020

If you have receipts/evidence of having repaid such borrowed amount, you need not have any worry for anything.  (Some even weave stories that they have kept signed cheques and those suddenly disappeared/stolen/lost  during shifting of the house or somewhere etc.to  project the lender as Thief.).Everything depends on the facts of the case Sandeep Mehra as it is your husband that has obtained blank cheques.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register