Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Can a company force you to serve notice period?

Can a company force you to serve the notice period can it take legal action to force the employee to serve it and what the employee should do when he get threatened by CEO.i joined a new company and signed the offer letter and in the employment agreement employee can't resign for next 6months and now behaving badly treating like slave Got threatened to serve notice period if i don't serve the notice w then they can do whatever want to do because they are following MCA and companies act 1956 Read more at: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/default.asp

Learning

3 Replies

Sb Karma   06 November 2019

Originally posted by : Debasis
Can a company force you to serve the notice period can it take legal action to force the employee to serve it and what the employee should do when he get threatened by CEO.i joined a new company and signed the offer letter and in the employment agreement employee can't resign for next 6months and now behaving badly treating like slave Got threatened to serve notice period if i don't serve the notice w then they can do whatever want to do because they are following MCA and companies act 1956

Read more at: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/default.asp

Yes they can....because you signed all terms and conditions accepted while you joined the company.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     06 November 2019

If there is alternate of providing any fixed amount or foregoing the salary utilize that option.  If you do not want experience/service certificate, ignore all those threats and simply join the other organization and let the employer take a legal course. (Very very rare chance of employer going to court)

Akshay (Advocate)     23 February 2020

Hi

See every company accept the notice period because as if you left the company immediatly they have to appoint at  your position which will take time as well as resources to fill that position soon.

If you have the good norms with the White collar people of your campany, you can give the instant notice by paying from your basic salary through Demand Draft.

Hope this will help you

Best Regards,

Akshay Gupta

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register