check bounced

My friend borrowed money from me by giving the cheque of same amount. But when I submitted the cheque it got bounced. This incident has happened about 8-9 years before. Till now he was making excuses that he will return the money as soon as he can. Now he is saying do whatever you want to do and he won't return money. Kindly advise the legal actions which can be taken on him.
And how soon money can be recovered from him.

as the matter is 8to 9 years old nothing can be done legally to recover money


The matter is beyond limitation and nothing is possible under law. However, you can lodge FIR of forgery and cheating and it may be compromised.

Retired Manager

You slept on your privileges law had given and allowed the debt time-barred. When the cheque bounced, you should have initiated action as per the time frame is given in Section 138. Now after such a long time, beyond the time prescribed for taking action in the case of a debt, as per Limitation act, there is nothing that can be done through Courts.

Retired employee.

Contact an Advocate locally without any hope or positive expectations and explore those remote possibilities if any.  




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

Join the MasterClass     |    x