Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aditya   04 December 2018

Delay in deciding appeal against punishment imposed

Respected Sir,

I had been issued a major penalty charge sheet in January 2017 for an incidence happened in the year 2010. The enquiry was without any witnesses from either side, hence was concluded within 2 days. Afterwards, IO submitted the report as charges proved. .The disciplinary authority imposed minor punishment as withholding of two increments without cumulative effect. The punishment order came after almost 14 months from the date of IO's report. Now I have appealed to the appellate authority against punishment order 2 months ago. As per past record, the decision on my appeal may come after one year due to huge pendency. Please advise me how long I have to wait to file a case in CAT.

In my case I was wrongly implicated, in fact, I was the complainant in this case. I will have a strong case in CAT , hence I want to approach as soon as possible. Please guide.

Learning

1 Replies

Aditya   06 December 2018

The punishment is withholding two increments for 12 months without cumulative effect. This was a fraud case regarding advances sanctions internally to subordinate staff.  But certain transactions were of my period and I was the unit head. The charge was negligence to monitor the the activities as a unit head.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register