LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vinu Priya (Manager)     23 November 2018

Recording tele conversation

Is it an offense to record a tele conversation and to provide it as an evidence against someone?

I am residing in an appartment and my husband is serving as a committee member. One of the resident calls him for clarification and the discussion wan't in a friendly manner right from the beggining. The resident started using abusive words. At middle of the conversation my husband started recording the conversation where the person was saying him to resign. The residents intention was just to irritate my husband out of vandalism. Out of hurt, my husband took the conversation to the committee members. The committee counseled my husband to ignore such comments and just to focus on the goal and for the betterment of appartment.

Now, the resident claims that recording his personal conversation is an illegal offence. And it is not ethical to circulate it to the committee.

I want to clarify from the experts, that is it an offence to record a conversation and to submit as an evidence for being abused.

Please help me as my husband is not only abused but also been portrayed as a criminal in our community(Appartment)

And this is being a mental torture for me.

Learning

1 Replies

Arunodoy D (Consultant Adviser Cyber Security)     24 December 2018

Originally posted by : Vinu Priya
Is it an offense to record a tele conversation and to provide it as an evidence against someone?

A recorded telephonic conversation has no merit as admissible evidence at court.

You are not an authority to record anyone's telephonic conversation. Thus the recording is not admissible. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register