Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Achint   29 August 2016

Mahada land transfer (transfer of tenancy rights))

In April 1992 my father purchased a 100 sq. mts Mahada plot for Rs 1,30,000 in Charkop, Kandivali West, Mumbai. Documents that were made at the time of purchase were Sales Agreement, Irrevocable Power of Attorney, Indemnity Bond (of seller) and Affidafit (of seller).

In 1996 he constructed a house on that land. In 2011 my father approached Mahada for transfer of tenency rights. In  April 2013 Mahada issued a letter stating that stamp duty and registration needs to be done for the same. In Jan 2014 an Adj was done and stamp duty of 40,000 + 80,000 penalty was paid on the sales agreement that was made in 1992 but the registrar is not registring the documents. We have contacted the seller and the seller is ready to be present in registrar's office for registration. Kindly let me know what needs to be done now to have a clear title of the property.

Learning

4 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     30 August 2016

Dear Achint

What is the reason told by registrar for not registering the property?

What kind of document he wanted?

Please state the full fact of case.

Achint   30 August 2016

The reason given by the registrar is as Sales Agreement was made in 1992 so it cannot be registered. Note - The stamping of stamp duty is done on sales agreement.

Achint   30 August 2016

The reason given by the registrar is as Sales Agreement was made in 1992 so it cannot be registered. Note - The stamping of stamp duty is done on sales agreement.

Achint   30 August 2016

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register