Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajendra (Owner)     05 September 2015

Defamation case

I want to file a defamation case against an Associate member of my Society & I am the chairman.

This lady has falsely accused of haressment for not giving Parking of Car

Please tell me procedures & how much is the cost 

 4 Replies

Adv. Digvijay R Singh (ADVOCATE-PRACTICING)     06 September 2015

you can file suit for damages for falsely alleging fraud upon will have to pay the court fees on the amount of damages in Indian Rupees you claim in your plaint...the suit will be filed in the local jurisdiction of the court where you reside.


Rajendra (Owner)     07 September 2015

Mr.Digvijay R. Singhji,

Many thanks for prompt reply & can you give me an idea as to how much the Court fees I have to pay.

I am staying in Dahisar,Mumbai

Adv. Digvijay R Singh (ADVOCATE-PRACTICING)     07 September 2015

just for an example...

if u file for damages to the tune of 15L-court fees would be around 32K as per Bombay Court Fees Act...

Rajendra (Owner)     13 January 2016

Mr.Digvijay R. Singhji,

Can you mail me your contact details

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query