Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Indian Patent Agent Examination 2010

Page no : 4

Mika (None)     07 July 2010

Please guide on the prepartion on patent agent exam 2011.

What are the books to be refered?

Is there any training available in Pune?

How much preparation is required? ( like drafting practice, viva)

I heard that, the pattern of 2010 exam was different than earlier exams. So is there chance of change of pattern again?

Thanks & Regards

Mika.

GIIP Delhi (Regional Manager )     09 August 2010

To become a Patent Agent with Indian PTO, you must have a technical degree (B.Sc, M.Sc, B.Tech/B.E, M.Tech/M.E, B-Pharma, M-Phama, BCA, MCA), Indian Patent and trademarks office conduct Patent agent examination every year and people who qualify this examination become Patent agents with Indian PTO.

You can join any training program to prepare for Patent Agent Examination, there are many institutes offering courses for Patent agent Exam preparation. One of the premier institute, Global Institute of Intellectual Property (GIIP) offering The “Indian Patent Agent Exam Preparation course” program is 6 days (full time) program starting from 11th August to 19th August, 2010 at Delhi and Bangalore centre and is tailored for clearing the patent agent examination by aspiring IPR professionals. The program is meant for participants who want to appear for the Indian Patent Agent Exam and aim to become a Registered Patent Agent with Indian PTO, the program is designed and delivered by outstanding professionals with rich teaching, research, industry and consulting experience.

Dawood Vaid (Director)     12 August 2010

Hello

I had ben practicing the Patent / TM for about 5 years until I set up my business firm.

Now here is the deal: There are some fantastic books on USPTO Law [worth about $USD 2500] with me and I do not need them anymore.

Anyone interested can mail me at dawoodv@gmail.com and collect the books.

Catch-  I need som help for registering Trademarks and in return I expect to undertake TM registration

GIIP Delhi (Regional Manager )     21 September 2010

If you are Looking for Patent Exam Preparation Course, you can Join “GIIP:INDIAN PATENT AGENT EXAM PREPARATION & PATENT ACTS” 6-day program to help you prepare for the ‘Indian Patent Agent Examination’, starting from 15th of November till 20th November, 2010 (classes will be held from Monday to Saturday 10 AM to 5 PM) at Delhi and Bangalore Centre.

To know more call: 011-3088 4000, 93102 55573

shivaji (student)     22 September 2010

Hi

any one have idea when the patent agent exam is going to happen?

is it in the end of 2010 or 2011

Abhishek Sharma (Manager)     08 December 2010

Shubhendu, 

I can share a lot of information with you on the Patent Agent exam, that is to take place in Jan 2010. Please email me at abhishekisnow@gmail.com

Abhishek

Syed Adbul Khader Jeelani (Advocate 9642388507)     05 January 2011

DEAR ALL

CAN ANY ONE OF YOU SUGGEST ME WHICH IS THE NEAREAST AND BEST UNIVERSITY OR INSTITUTE THAT OFFERS DIPLOMA OR  TO ACT AS AGENT OF PATENT/TRADEMARK/COPYRIGHT IN THE STATE OF ANDHRA PRADESH. I CAN AFFORD TO JOIN NELSAR OR OTHER EXPENSIVE UNIVERSITIES. KINDLY LET ME KNOW THE CHEAP AND BEST SOURCE.

REGARDS

Genius Gene (Sr. Manager-IP)     05 January 2011

Dear Syed,

While it certainly helps to take up a course in IP, however, it's not necessary to have the same for being a Patent Agent. 

To become a patent agent, you need to apply for the Exam when notified by The Patent Office

You need to study:

# The Patent Act, Patent Draft Manual (both available free to download from Patent Office website)

# Practice drafting of patents and agreements (you may find samples available over the net)

# Solve previous years' question papers to get acquainted with the question patterns (question papers are also available free to download from Patent Office Website

Regards,

Bhaskar

pulkit (none)     25 September 2011

Hey

I m new to the site and is preparing for the patent agent 2012. can anyone help me out with the patent search as i m searching them at the espasenet & sumobrain. but they give me lots of volume data for a single patent. so is that data useful . so how to go about it. and also is the indian patent available online?

Sy.patents (Freelance)     25 September 2011

thanks a lot sir

but the problem is as i m searching for patent  multiple claims have been in but in the patent agent exam only limited information is given so how do we have to put in many claims or the number of claims doesn't matter its only the content. 

Sy.patents (Freelance)     25 September 2011

you will be asked to draft limited number of claims (10 claims) based upon the information given. See the Jan 2011 patent exam paper. You will not be asked to draft several claims when limited information is given.

when it is specifically mentioned how many claims are to be drafted, number of claims matters. In any case the content (if i may say proper claim language and inventive elements) always are extremely important.

Hope this helps.

Thank you sir for your precious time & help.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register