LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anon (a)     09 November 2014

Definition: black marketing

How is black marketing defined as per Indian law?

For example, If I purchased a movie ticket and I am unable to go the movie, can I resell the ticket by paying a tax on the resale amount? Is this illegal?

Learning

1 Replies

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     09 November 2014

Generally movie tickets are not transferable. As the ownership of a movie ticket is not determined in the normal course it is not possible to determine its transfer either. But if you give the ticket to another person for a consideration it would amount to an illegal transfer. If you obtain money illegally it would not get legalized just by payment of tax. If it had been so all bribe takers and thieves can legalize their acquisitions just by paying the tax due. In the case of instances like that stated by you the amount involved would be trivial and the parties or authorities concerned would not bother. But if movie tickets are purchased in bulk and resold it would be a punishable offence. Any money legally earned but tax thereon is not paid is black money. Any money illegally earned is also black money. Black money is a term used and to the best of my knowledge it is not defined under any law. If it is defined in any Act it will have limited application with respect to the relevant Act only.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register