LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

UKS CHAUHAN (Advocate)     27 February 2015

Defamation under ipc 499/500

I am a Central Govt Gazetted officer. Mr. X and my wife are directors in a Pvt. Ltd. company. Mr. X has taken friendly loan of Rs. 300000/- from my sister in an emergency and gave his cheque. Later, his cheque was bounced at Gwalior. Due to recent directives, cheque bounce case has been filed at Delhi. I have to be Attorney of my sister in the case.

Now Mr. X, in order to apply pressure on me to withdraw the said case against hi, issued a legal notice making various allegations against my reputation. Allegations are I am using company for making my black money white etc. Copy of this legal notice has been forwarded to my higher officials as well as to Vigilance Department.

Kindly advise whether I can file a defamation complaint under IPC 499/500. 


 2 Replies

R.K Nanda (Advocate)     27 February 2015

file lawyer reply to said legal notice denying all false allegations levelled against u specifically.


after reading contents of said legal notice only i can advice u about filing of defamation case.


u can opt for click to talk option for consultation .



T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     03 March 2015

If he had sent a legal notice, you may issue him a reply notice denying his allegations as well as to initiate necessary action on him for his false propaganda.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register