I was accused of kidnapping a minor child, in a hebas corps pettion filed in chennai high cour. The High Court after through hearing of the police investigation, dismissed the pettion. I and my family were subjected to mental tourchure because of  this false alligation,  My wife suffered an heart attack and was operated upon. Can I file a defamation suit against the petioner.

Dy Director

For defamation you have to prove that  (I) statement made by defendent (II statement made regarding plaintiff (III) statement went to 3rd party (IV) plaintiff lost reputation (V) statement was false as well sinc eall 5 elements are meeting you can file defamation (civil as well as criminal) But against whom you have to file.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x