LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

V. R RAJENDRA KUMAR   11 April 2018

DEATH CERTIFICATE

My mother died 8 years back and my father did not get death certificate of my mother from bbmp and my father died in August 2018. But know i have to make a SUCCESSION CERTIFICATE and FAMILY TREE CERTIFICATE for which i need death certificate of my mother. Since my mother died 8yrs back getting her death certificate as become difficult. I want to know what is the legal procedure to get death certificate from court

Learning

4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     11 April 2018

Probably you are unwilling to contact touts…that loiter in and around govt offices..

IT is good.

Q: Whether there is any time limit prescribed for delayed registration of births & deaths under section 13(3) of the Act?

A: Under the provisions of section 13(3) of the Act, as it exists at present, there is no time bar on delayed registration of such events.

Q: In case of delayed reporting of institutional events, what procedure should be followed for registration of such events?

A: It may be seen from the RBD Act, 1969 that in respect of births and deaths in a hospital, health center, maternity or nursing home or other like institutions, responsibility of informing the events to the registrar lies on the Medical Officer or any person authorized by him in this behalf under section 8 (1) (b) . Therefore any delay in the reporting of institutional events the concerned officer in –charge of the hospital may be held responsible and all the formalities required under section 13 of the Act observed. Further, in such cases the officer concerned can be penalized in accordance with the provisions of section 23 and 24 of the Act.

https://arogya.maharashtra.gov.in/Site/Uploads/GR/FAQs-on-Registration-of-Births-and-Deaths.pdf

Also;

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/maharashtra-citizens-to-get-birth-death-certificates-online/articleshow/48894741.cms

The local rules may want information of death be submitted within 30 days or upto to 1Y with late fee..

DELAYED REGISTRATION OF BIRTHS AND DEATHS:  As per section 13 sub-section (1), the information of any birth or death givenè to the registrar after the expiry of the period specified therefor, but within 30 days after its occurrence, shall be registered on payment of such late fees as may be prescribed.  As per sub-section (2), the information of any birth or death given to theè registrar after 30 days but within one year after its occurrence, shall be registered only with the written permission of the prescribed authority and on payment of the prescribed fee and the production of an affidavit made before a notary public or any other officer authorised in this behalf by the state government.

Sub-section (3) is relevant for the Judicial Magistrates. It provides that anyè birth or death which has not been registered within one year of its occurrence, shall be registered only on an order made by a Magistrate of the First Class or a Presidency Magistrate after verifying the correctness of the birth or death and on payment of the prescribed fee.

https://mja.gov.in/Site/Upload/GR/Short%20Note%20on%20the%20Births%20and%20Deaths%20Registration%20Act.pdf

Inquire Locally..

Approach a very able LOCAL senior counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in Family matters and having successful track record…. and worth his/her salt..

And your counsel shall do the needful..

IT may have to be obtained thru 1st class magistrate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register