Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Dear hubby! leave your parents or be ready for 498a!!!

1) If wife is demaning for to become a seperate from parents or be ready for 498A how far is it right?

2) Who will take care of that old unearning parents?

3) There is no any law fovouring such old and poor parents?

My parents tried for a suicide to make my life happy......... but tell me what should I do? she is not coming back from her maternal.......... and threatening for a 498A?

Whatever will happen I dont care but I have decided not to leave parents at any cost.

If there is no such a law favouring such old parents "Then to hell with the Law & Oder"

Learning

29 Replies

akash kapoor (*************)     25 August 2011

DEAR FREIND,

IF THE ABOVE SAID IS TRUE THEN IN MY OPINION IF ANY ONE DEMANDS ANOTHER TO DO AN ACT OR ELSE HE WILL DO ANY KIND OF INJURY IS EXTORTION.THE LAW WILL ALWAYS BACK AN INOCENT PERSON. IT IS NEVER HARD TO PROVE WHAT IS TRUE. A CASE UNDER SECTION 498A IS NOT A PIECE OF CAKE.

REGARDS.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     25 August 2011

Dear Friend,

I would give you a very simple answer. It's wrong to blackmail. It is more wrong to be blackmailed.

Fight for your and your parents. No matter what the odds.

More harm has been done by inaction of good men than actions of bad men,

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

ajay sethi (lawyer)     25 August 2011

place it on record . send her a email or letter stating that her demands that you leave your parents are not acceptable . also record the fcat that her threats of filing 498A case aginst you and your family members is nothing but black mail tactics . request her to come back and live with you . i n case she files 498A case this email or letters will help you in court

(Guest)

Don't bow down before her.

Aishwarya (Teacher)     25 August 2011

pure extortion and blackmailing..

save ur parents and their life...sar pe kafan bandhlo and be brave ..tell her to amicably resolve if she doesnt want to live with u..and tell her ur prepared to fight back

Sanket Sharma (AM)     25 August 2011

Same issue, my wife threatened me sitting at parents house for nearly 2 years, and finally filed 498A against my family including married sister  who were staying far. i have no brothers. my father is suffering from dementia, My wife brother is a Asst.Commissioner and he is married to daughter of high court judge, when i met same high court judge at his house, he also suggested me to stay away from parents. I am fighting in the court from past 2 years. In family court she has filed a objection against my divorce pettion, staying that " she wish to  come back provided i made a separate house " she is not ready to give divorce also. we dont have any political or high profile men background. We feel like go for mass sucide. Sick of this court/politicians/people/society

Aishwarya (Teacher)     25 August 2011

@ sanket..ji

never leave ur parents for the sake of her happiness

..parents are always first and would be first any day ..

she wants to shrugg of her work and not be responsible towards ur parents then even she should not have any relation with her parents..in any case she wont be ready for this

.how people today can do anything to make their lives easy ..they can even threaten and file cases for their selfish goals..

seek more advice and a good lawyers..dont fear anything remb this

1 Like

VIKRANT VERMA (LEGAL ADVISOR)     25 August 2011

you should file a pettion u/s 9 of HMA ,

regarding 498a , you are not the only one who suffer this type of problems   there are many other whoes are on the high position of Judicical service have also suffered this type of situtation, and govt. and Ministry are thinking to amend this , but when this happen , i don`t know

Be Brave , Every dark  change in  light , 

M Madhu Prakash (Advocate)     25 August 2011

As a first step try to convince her, if you fail then give a formal complaint to the local police station stating the issue, if she files a petition then your complaint against her will help you in the case to defend her.

Found the Happiness (Enjoying)     26 August 2011

Anyways .......Can please anybody tell that Suppose if she comes.... with having very dangerous mentality.... with an intention to hurt my parents in extrmly cheap way...... so that my parents will say that ok you husband & wife can be saperate........

So please tell me how to handle such a women!!! ........... with her negetive mentality.

M Madhu Prakash (Advocate)     26 August 2011

As said earlier you can give a complaint against her

hema (law officer)     26 August 2011

Strangely similar problem put before me for advice by an old couple.  Husband is aged 65, retired from private service and wife is 60, house wife.  They both belong to lower middle class family.  When they were young, they had intercaste love marriage.  At that time, the Govt. sloganed for one child norm for population control.  A girl child had taken birth and later on they followed family planning.  Their daughter became a doctor and married a doctor in a joint family from the same city and is  living in matrimonial home.  Till two years back, they were happy couple.

Now, the problem is the daughter's father is facing old age problems and dementia.  The mother is suffering acute joint pains and facing difficulty even to move.  Their finances are exhausted to make daughter doctor.  The daughter is concerned about the financial and physical problems faced by her dear old parents.  The daughter requested her husband that as she is earning huge money, about 1.10 lakhs every month, as a doctor, she wants to help her parents financially by giving 15 to 20 thousand per month, but husband says "NO".  He says that after marriage, the earnings of wife belong to husband and his family and his family is  only her family and she does not belong to natal family any more.  She requested him to take a separate house two or three houses away from her parent's house, so that she can help her parents for half an hour in the morning and half an hour in the evening in their cooking and daily needs, he says "NO".  He is living in joint family and his elder brothers can take care of his old parents, but he does not hear her reasoning.

He gave a strict warning to her that if she insists for providing financial help, he will give divorce to her.  I advised the old parents to file a case under senior citizens Act for maintenance against her daughter.  They said if they file a case and win maintenance against their daughter, their son-in-law file divorce case against her.  They are worryinng to file a maintenance case against their daughter.

What shall the old parents having only girl child should do?

What should the daughter do?

Kindly advise.      

1 Like

Parth Chandra (none)     26 August 2011

@Hema,

Such women should file/ask for divorce from husband and live with her parents with all her earning.............but should not implicate husband and in-laws with whom she must have also shared moments of happyness into false accusations.

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     26 August 2011

Originally posted by :hema
"
Strangely similar problem put before me for advice by an old couple.  Husband is aged 65, retired from private service and wife is 60, house wife.  They both belong to lower middle class family.  When they were young, they had intercaste love marriage.  At that time, the Govt. sloganed for one child norm for population control.  A girl child had taken birth and later on they followed family planning.  Their daughter became a doctor and married a doctor in a joint family from the same city and is  living in matrimonial home.  Till two years back, they were happy couple.

Now, the problem is the daughter's father is facing old age problems and dementia.  The mother is suffering acute joint pains and facing difficulty even to move.  Their finances are exhausted to make daughter doctor.  The daughter is concerned about the financial and physical problems faced by her dear old parents.  The daughter requested her husband that as she is earning huge money, about 1.10 lakhs every month, as a doctor, she wants to help her parents financially by giving 15 to 20 thousand per month, but husband says "NO".  He says that after marriage, the earnings of wife belong to husband and his family and his family is  only her family and she does not belong to natal family any more.  She requested him to take a separate house two or three houses away from her parent's house, so that she can help her parents for half an hour in the morning and half an hour in the evening in their cooking and daily needs, he says "NO".  He is living in joint family and his elder brothers can take care of his old parents, but he does not hear her reasoning.

He gave a strict warning to her that if she insists for providing financial help, he will give divorce to her.  I advised the old parents to file a case under senior citizens Act for maintenance against her daughter.  They said if they file a case and win maintenance against their daughter, their son-in-law file divorce case against her.  They are worryinng to file a maintenance case against their daughter.

What shall the old parents having only girl child should do?

What should the daughter do?

Kindly advise.      
"

Hema has presented the other side of the story v.well.

We Indians are a bunch of hypocrites.

We talk of respecting the elderly.But when these elderly turn out to be girls' parents,we suddenly change the rules of respect.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register