Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Daughter's right in Father's Property

Page no : 2

Vijaya Lakshmi (House wife)     11 May 2009

Hello everyone,

Thanks for ur kind replies.. actually i am bit confused here... one advocate is saying "u will get share in fathers property irrespective of married year and one advocate (Ram) is saying its applicaple only girls married after dec 2004..." which one is true.. pls help me out.. am in dilemma here..  I think, Mr. Ram is correct..... pls help me out..

Vijaya Lakshmi (House wife)     11 May 2009

Hello everyone,

Thanks for ur kind replies.. actually i am bit confused here... one advocate is saying "u will get share in fathers property irrespective of married year and one advocate (Ram) is saying its applicaple only girls married after dec 2004..." which one is true.. pls help me out.. am in dilemma here..  I think, Mr. Ram is correct..... pls help me out..

1 Like

Krishnakumar (Advocate)     11 May 2009

The property is liable for partition equally among all sons and daughters, since it was not partitioned before 20th December 2004.  Please read section 6 of the Act . Daughers/sisters whether they are married or unmarried  is irrelavant. You can directly deal with your 1/4th share as deems fit and proper by way of sale or testamentary disposition. In the alternative you can put your brother and the legal heirs of your deceased brother and sister on notice and seek partition of the property.

Bhavesh (Business)     13 May 2009

I want to know about married daughter rights in Fathers property. I & my two sisters are three child of my father & my father & mother is alive & my two sisters & myself is married, I want to know what are rights of my married sisters in my fathers property after my father & mothers death & one thing i want to clear that my fathers intention is to divide property in 3 equal parts after his death, is there is any right of my married sisters in my fathers property in the absence of my fathers as per Maharashtra law because i am leaving in Mumbai? I want to clear one more point my sister does not want to give share to his sister in law from her father in law property, is it fair?

Bhavesh (Business)     22 May 2009

No one is replying my question which i have posted on 13-5-2009? i am awaiting for my answer, Pl. reply me. 

Siddhartha Bose (Architect)     05 September 2011

Hello A V Vishal Sir,

I really appreciate the way you replied the query of a user.

I have query on-behalf of my mother,my grandfather has a property on which in his last few days made a will saying my 2 daughters including my mother are well settled thus i hand of the property to my 3 sons floor wise.

My grandfather died 5 years ago,the will is not probated by my uncles.which i think in this case the will doesn't holds much strength as my mother and my aunt has not signed any NOC till date.

So i want to ask what are my mother chances in that property,as my uncles are now asking for NOC.

Please do respond sir.

Thanks & Regards

Sid

K.V.VIGNESH ( )     09 December 2012

Dear sir,

In case if father has written his will as if the daughter could get only 10% of his property then can that daughter can claim for equal share with her brothers. It is ansistrial asserts. The daughter has married in above 1990.

Does the daughter has any rights to get the asserts equally.

aakash (engineer)     27 June 2013

Dear Team,

I have a sister who was married before 1985, My father gave her a share of the property with jewels and other things at that time itself but now she is asking for a share again. what are the possible options? The property which she is claiming is a house which is bought out my fathers money and not an ancestral property or money from ancestral property.

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     27 June 2013

@ aakash

Is your father alive?

aakash (engineer)     28 June 2013

@ archana

No my father passed away long back but he has made equal partition before that. The problem is that there is no registered document for this partition or a will stating the rest are for his son.

Tanu Singh (CA Student)     16 April 2014

Urgent Query!

This query is related to my mother's property case. Her father expired in 1969 and the property was partially ancestral and partially self acquired. According to some law prevailing at that time it was passed to her 3 brothers as there was no will written by my grandfather. There are 3 sisters including my mother.

Now my question to you is :-

1.) Whether my mother has any rights in this property or not.

2.) WE have already filed the case in this respect and we're asked to produce some evidence in this respect,     and since we don't have any idea of what to produce

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register