Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jagadisha (Software Engineer)     03 April 2013

Daughter's right in father's agricultural land

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am Jagadish from Bangalore, Karnataka. 

My wife had planned to purchase an agricultural land (1/2 acre) before marriage but she could get it registered only after the marriage. Her father is basically a former and has land in his name, so she had submitted his documents as proof to get it registered. But due to dealy the local gram panchayath person has sent the registration back to AC Office. I wanted to know if it is legal for my wife to buy agricultural land as her father is basically a farmer. Now the AC Office is asking for total income certificate from the family etc.

Regards,

Jagadish S

Learning

4 Replies

sharada h v (lawyer)     03 April 2013

dear client,

as your wife's father is an agricuturist she can obviously buy the agricututral land but u need to show ur income certificate in this regard. Thanks, Regards,

SHARADA H V ADVOCATE

Sajjan B G (Advocate)     03 April 2013

Mr. Jagadheeesh, as per rules in Karnataka to purchase an agricultural land his/her family should have have an agricultural land, in you case if you/your family do not have agricultural land in your name, your wife certainly can use her father's RTC to purchase same. But I did not understand how gram panchayat came into picture. Gram panchayat is nothing to do with registration of agricultural land. Better contact local advocate. 

Madam, Thanks for the quick reply. I can produce my income as well as her father's income as well. But in Karnataka there seems to be a rule that a person earning more than 2L cannot buy any agriciltural land though they are farmers it seems. But anyways now the AC Office is asking only for her father's income, he is retired from last 10 years as School Master. So they have asked for her father's bank statement or pension amount statement for the land purchased date.

Dear Sir, Thank  you so much for the quick reply. Actually in Hubli/Dharwad or in any villages, once the purchase is happened they need to enter the information in their office documents and that will reflect in the RTC later. So because of that evern after 3 years I do not see my wife's name in the RTC. 

So please let me know if all these things are legal and we can get the name into RTC.

Regards,

Jagadisha s

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register