LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tajinder Singh   26 February 2019

Damage to property by neighbour

My neighbour's toilet is just adjoining to our house's wall,there is leakage in that,That is damaging to our walls and paint,I requested many time to repair the same but he doesn't bother for the same because the house is given on rent by him to different tents,so please guide where to make strict complaint regarding this


 3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     27 February 2019

First get a legal notice issued to him, warning him that if needed repairs are not done within a month, you will be forced to proceed further legally and also get the repairs done immediately with your costs which has to be reimbursed by him with interest and compensation for harassment.   It is your property that is being damaged and exposing you to hazards and you have to take adequate care first and your efforts in the past reflect in your notice with such photographs enclosed to the notice.

1 Like

Tajinder Singh   27 February 2019

Sir can I make a complaint in district court to issue legal notice regarding this,because this is Second time I have already spent renovation exp last year due to damage,but at present I don't have last year's pics because I was not aware of this but all local residents are witness for the same

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     27 February 2019

Contact your local advocate on jurisdiction and future course of action legally and to bring such orders restraining him the use of that particular toilet.  This is the reason why you have been advised to have photographs and issue legal notice to bring on record the violations.   This is applicable in all cases.  The workers that attended the work or any Engineer's certified report on earlier damages and cost of works is sufficient if your neighbour refbuts your claims for past repairs.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register