LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Custody of 4.5 yr old daughter

Page no : 2

Father of lovely Daughter (Father)     14 March 2012


Can u guide me how to file for the visitation rights to my daughter as my in laws and my bitter half is not letting me meet or talk to her,They live in Ghaziabad,near Dilshad garden metro station.



Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     14 March 2012

Are you really serious about getting relief to your problem.  Long back, you asked the same question.  I suggested some thing.   Even then, you asked me the method to take assistance of legal aid cell at tis hazari  courts to get solution to your problem as you live in chandini chowk. For that also I replied how to take assistance of legal aid cell and the mandatory requirements needed to get assistance from there.  It will take hardly half an hour for you to go from chandini chowk to tis hazari and get first hand informatio. .  It does not appear you have not followed even that direction.  Again you come with the same querry.  Why you people instead of taking any positive steps come again and again on the forum to ask the repeated question only to get sympathy of the readers?   

Father of lovely Daughter (Father)     14 March 2012

Thank you for your reply. As per your advise i had gone to Free legal aid centre at 2nd floor.I contacted one lawyer and explained all the situation to him,then he asked me to come again another day.I went there on given date but he was not avlbl.I went there for the third time and found an another lawyer name Sohan lal,who advised me that he cannot entertain my request as i do not fall under the criteria to avail free legal aid.It seems he was more interested in advising me to hire him as the paid mediator between me and my in laws.Again a game of office-office.

I went there couple of times to look the same lawyer whom i met for the first time,who assured me to help.In the mean while we are also trying to negtiate with family mediators who sometimes arose some hope,but later resulted as useless.

I have always followed the advise of respected members,but Sir,i am trying to take the steps in which i do not hurt myself and loose my daughter.

I really apologize if i have offended anybody.



Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     14 March 2012

No. sir, you have not offended any one least me.  This forum must be thankful to you for correctly projecting the clear picture of "legal aid centres".  That is why, in my earlier response, I used the word," if you INSIST, I will guide you to legal aid centre".  Generally, I will not suggest the people to go to legal aid centres run with the grants of the Government.

Yes. People face problem with legal aid centres.  You have not spelled the greatest of all the problems in free legal aid centres.  That is the quality of service.  Most of the advocates enlisted there are not quite competent (sorry to say this) and do not put efforts to be competent to render legal aid.

Hope you will find a suitable advocate of your choice soon and get the relief in the quickest possible time.  Wishing you best of luck to you and to your lovely daughter. 

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     19 March 2012

You have already been advised.


Shonee Kapoor

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register