LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RK (Doctor)     17 January 2014

Criminal record

How to get the criminal record of a person X. Here person X is white collar criminal and live in different places. I suspect he might have the cases registered in different places and he himself might be the accused or false-witness in multiple cases. So, just wondering how to find all the court cases/police registered cases (either as accused/complaintant or witness) ?

Learning

4 Replies

RAJIV BHASIN (ADVOCATE) (Bhasin Legal Consultants(SOLICITORS & ADVOCATES) bhasin.laws@yahoo.com 9811210505)     17 January 2014

Dear RK,

when the person is convicted, undertrial, offence is compounded or settled in lok adalat only then there is criminal record otherwise not. You can ask unofficially the area police officers about the antecedents. you can also file RTI for the concerned police station asking about the record of the persons whose antecedents are not clean. 

Rajiv Bhasin 

Advocate

Bhasin Legal Consultants

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     17 January 2014

I agree with Advocate Mr. Bashin's views on the subject.

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     18 January 2014

agree with experts

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     19 January 2014

I agree with Rajiv Bashin.  If you file the application under RTI act before the DGP office, you will get the complete record of all police stations of that particular state.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register