LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Court fee on family settlement

If one files division suit for division of property of parents and after preliminary decree if one files family settlement between heirs, do we still have to get final decree and pay court fee? What is that? I am asking with reference to rajasthan

Learning

5 Replies

niranjan (civil practice)     28 July 2011

Yes you should get final decree based on your settlement and get it regd.on payment of stamp duty.

(Guest)

Thanks.But what is the stamp duty in Rajasthan? I was told by one alwyer that maximum duty is rs 10000/. Other lawyers told that corut returns court fee levied on family settlements.

(Guest)

you can file the case in court and settle the case in lok adalat .  after settle ment get full refund of court fees.

(Guest)

Thanks but how much duty and how it is calculated

(Guest)

sir Mr nairanjan in above replies has mentioned the word stampt duty.YOu have mentioned the word court fee.Are tehse diffreent?
The fact of the cas eis that the final decree execution application was tranferred to Megha Lok Adalat organised by court and family settlement was preneted after notarised and has been accp[eted by court.But she has also ordered that stamp duty be paid for making final decree.Then what is expempted?

Is court fee and stamnp duty diffrent in same suit?

Do you mean this stamps that I will purchase for making final decree by this court shall be refunded? If that is the case why it is being asked? Can it be clarified please? There is too much conmfusion on words and process.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register