LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More (     03 April 2011

counting past service

Sir, i was working in GREF(Army civil service) as a clerk. During my transfer to a new station, i applied for leave and got releived. during the leave period i noticed the SSC advertisement and  applied for the clerk grade examination. since it was emergency i sent the application directly to the SSC, but intimated to my new office where i have to join after my leave. After necessary formalities(written test etc) were over i was selected in doordarshan dept. when i asked for technical resignation the GREF denied. i simply resigned and next working day joined in doordarshan.

                    After joining in doordarshan i applied for counting my past service for pay benift. Doordarsshan  intimated that only technical resignation can be considered. since i have resigned i am not in a way to ask for the same. kindly guide me to sort out the problem.                          




 2 Replies

RS Dudani (Director)     03 April 2011

To enable counting of past service, One should send application through proper channel.  In case the application has not been sent through proper channel, it should have been intimated athe earliest occasion. Further, the fact of taking examination should also be intimated, together with result.  It is only in such circumstances that technical resignation is accepted. 

In case, you have not done any of these things, it is not necessary that GREF, would necessarily accept technical resignation, or your new Department will necessarily count the past service.  Please also note that for counting past service, the previous Deptt has to send the Pension Contribution for the service to the new Deptt, which is doen only if the fact of submitting application and other requirements were done by you in your previous Department.

RS Dudani (     05 April 2011

Dear Dudani sir,

 Thank u very much for your kind reply.  In all the occassions  I have intimated my previous (GREF)office in advance.For appearing the wrtten test also i got my leave sanctioned.  In the resignation letter also i have mentioned all the facts. But justice was denied to me. Is their any provision to review my case by my old department. Can I appear before the CAT. kindly guide me.

with regards,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register