Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

GEORGEKUTTY P KURIAKOSE (Associate Professor)     10 September 2014

Counting of past service for cas in colleges

Dear Sir,

I would like to put forward my case for your valuable suggestions.

1. I served in an Aided college as an Assistant professor in a permanent post with effect from  03-07-1989 to 31-08-1993 in Madhaya Pradhesh (MP).

2. I resigned this job and joined as a lecturer on adhoc basis in a College in Kerala after one week.

3. Later on 17-08-1998, I joined in the same College in Kerala as a permanent Lecturer through a duly constituted selection committee. 

4. I got my promotions to Lecturer (Senior Scale ) after completing 6 years service with effect from 17-08-2004 without counting my past service in MP as Assistant Professor.

5. Later, I was promoted to Lecturer (Selection Grade) after completing 5 years service with effect from 17-08-2009.

6. Mean while I came to notice that past service in other colleges and universities can be counted for promotions from the UGC Regulations 2009 para 16.0 (Attached).

7. On this ground, I applied to revise my promotions by counting the past service in MP. 

8. But the University rejected my application stating that " there is no provision in the UGC regulations to count the past service after getting the first placement".

I attached the UGC Regulations in which para 16.0 says about counting of past service in colleges and universities for your reference.

Please guide me on this issue. I will be grateful to you all.

Geopanth

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register