LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sandeep (service)     24 July 2009

Counting of Past Service : BMC to Central Govt Autonomous Bo

I would be grateful if someone could shed some light on what is the legal status of the Bombay Municipal Corporation with respect to the State Government.
I worked in BMC service for 8 years and then applied for a post in a Central Govt Autonomous Body through proper channels. When selected, I was relieved and I joined without any break in service.Subsequently my Organisation itself, which has agreed to count my past service for pensionary benefits, has written to BMC for transfer of PF and Gratuity to them for counting my past service,but the BMC is sitting over it since almost past 4 to 5 years despite reminders. I understand that there is a GR regarding counting of past service between State and Autonomous to Central and autonomous and vice versa but I have been told by BMC that there is no such precedence in BMC and that it is not governed by that GR as it is a Local Self Government and not an Autonomous body of State Government.Could some expert please clarify and what I should do next? I have not filed RTI as I am worried that a negative view might be taken in the decision. I have also not received nor followed up my PF and gratuity so that as and when my service is counted there should be no hassles.
Awaiting your advice.
Thanks
Sandeep

Learning

1 Replies

Prakash Yedhula (Lawyer)     11 August 2009

You can  try filing a writ of mandamus directing BCI to transfer the PF & Gratuity account. or condier the representations made by you. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register