LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raj Yadav (None)     17 October 2014

Correcting date in an ongoing divorce case?

Hi everyone, I just realized that my lawyer has made an error in my divorce petition. He mentioned a critical event which took place on 23rd March while it should have been 27th March. The lawyers says such small error wouldn't make a difference. But I would need the correct date so that I can produce my call details to corroborate my claims.

Is it possible to amend my mistake or the damage is irreparable? Next hearing is for evidence in Feb 2015.



 5 Replies

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     17 October 2014

Yes.  If it is very material, then you can move application at any time before the next date. 

1 Like

Raj Yadav (None)     17 October 2014

Thank you Chendrasekhar Sir,

Yes Sir, it's very material. The problem is that my wife has already submitted her reply and next hearing is for evidence. I hope it doesn't have an effect on the date of hearing.

Thanks again for taking time to answer my query.

reeti shah (lawyer)     18 October 2014

File an application for amendment of the date before next hearing. Adv Reeti Shah 9930285557

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     19 October 2014

You can move an Interlocutory application seeking amendment to the main petition and once allowed, you can make the proposed amendment accordingly, this cannot be ignored as typographical error.  Better insist and prevail upon your advocate to get into the action immediately by filing an advance hearing petition too along with this IA..

BHRIGU DATTA 9475352677 (PRIVATE PRACTICE)     17 April 2016

I think you should file application for amendmend the petition . 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query