LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

arunkumark (law study)     29 August 2013

Cooperative housing society audit report

In a cooperative housing  society the new 97 th amendment is introduced in february this year and all societies are supposed to adopt these new laws .my querry is about the audit report which managing commitee has submitted in their last Agm on 12.9.2012 is to be challenged .the income and expenditure balance sheet etc copies were circulated among the membersat the time of agm.Each and every member are not literate enough to understand that report after reading those nos and figure.It is certified by wellknown auditor who is listed on cooperative registrar approved auditors list.If at all if we found that this report is manupulated and fabricated then how can we prove that and where to apply for that who is the authority?what is the time limit ?at the time of Agm no one objected for the audit report .After this reprt the managing committee has submitted another report for the current year march 2013 . that report also no one objected. please tell in details how to proceed with this. I tried the cooperative registrar office .they told me to pay huge amount to do the re- audit  from their department.Is it correct to pay that amount and get the audit rechecked by them or there also everything can be managed by giving bribe to the concerned.We dont have anything else other than the audit report copies.

Learning

1 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     08 December 2014

Re-Audit can be done if the AGM reject it on specific grounds.Alternatively,if 2/3 members demand enquiry  to the Registrar into specific allegations/suppressions in the report.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register