LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ram Chandrasekaran   24 January 2024

Heirship certificate

we have applied for fresh Legal heirship certificate as the old one of my expired father was in 1988, and in between my sister(5 years back) and my mother(last year) expired. We have enclosed death certificates of the both. This is to divide a small property located in Vellore TN legally between three brothers and 1 sister. But the concerned dept is delaying on one pretext or the other. Receipt for inspection was dtd. 4th Jan 24. Couple of days back some officials called to their office, to come to their office. When reached they come to the site. After waiting, they asked irrelevant questions to the neighbours.
We understand that they are expecting bribe from us for this processing delay since my mother died on Apr 23.
How to proceed further?

Learning

3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     24 January 2024

The official will make enquiries in the local in order to ascertain the facts stated by you in the application, hence this is routine.

If there's an abnormal delay then you can approach the Tahsildar.

1 Like

Ram Chandrasekaran   25 January 2024

Thank you sir
We do not object checking facts stated in application. But they were asking the neighbours beyond the facts stated in the application. They were engaging in 'character assassination ' expecting sizable bribe. we are expecting the return if any, with valid reasons. Thanks.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     25 January 2024

It is their duty to enqujire from the locals about the whereabouts or other details through neighbors, if you interfere then they may certainly give an adverse report, hence better do not even bother about them, let them give any report, you can handle them legally subsequently if the Tehsildar is not cooperating

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register