LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

laxmi   18 January 2024

Hr forcing me to resign

Hi, I am working for a reputed BPO in Mumbai since past 10.5 months. My confirmation was extended by my supervisor citing some reasons for a period of 3 months. After almost spending 11 months in the organization, today I am asked to resign from services as my supervisor doesn't want to confirm me as he feels I dont have leadership skills. My performance has been excellent & he knows he cant point a finger on that.

I have total experience of 21 years out of which 15+ years have been spent in Leadership roles so this comes as a huge shock to me. I don't wish to resign but my HR is literally forcing me to resign.

Is my case strong enough to fight legally?

Learning

5 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     18 January 2024

You don't resign even if they force you to do so.

You can wait for them to terminate your service for whatever reason they may cite.

After that you can take legal action against the firm for illegal termination and reinstatement as per procedures of law

1 Like

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     19 January 2024

No need to resign, let the employer may decide to confirm or terminate your service.

1 Like

laxmi   19 January 2024

Thank you both of you for the reply however I want to check as I'm not a confirmed employee yet in the organisation can they still terminate me. They are giving the reason that my team is not happely with my leadership. Is this even valid in the court of law ?

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     19 January 2024

It is better to resign at least that will have no negative update in your CV, if you don' resign the compnay may attribute any such reaosn and terminate you as they have decided not to let you work for them, and if they terminated you with such reasons your CV will be effected.

Rest you can decide.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     19 January 2024

You have been recruited properly by following the procedures of recruitment and firm's regulation.

Therefore they cannot terminate your employment at their whims and fancies.

You may wait for them to take action after which you can decide about further course of action 

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register