Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Yasaswi Gomes   10 January 2024

Writ petition fee calculation

Hi

What is the formula to calculate the fees for 'claim of money' writ petition?

Also, what is the formula to calculate the fee for 'contempt of court' petition?

When a writ petition is only 100 in AP High courts, lawyers extorting 2 lakhs for a 40 lakh compensation case.

Learning

8 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     11 January 2024

The court fee is different to that of the lawyer fee. 

The lawyer is charging his fee,  if you don't approve then you can choose a different lawyer. 

1 Like

Yasaswi Gomes   11 January 2024

So this means my lawyer is extorting money without honesty and blackmailing me saying that I murdered Indira Gandhi and raped movie actresses after meeting CM's and chiranjeevi actor. I said 'objextiom' in the court because rape and murder was not the case I put  on him. How stupid is he.

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     11 January 2024

Originally posted by : Yasaswi Gomes

Hi

Q. What is the formula to calculate the fees for 'claim of money' writ petition?

A. No "writ" can be filed to seek relief of "claim of money" in Indian laws. Where, who and when the "writ" has been filed or it is yet to be filed ?

Q. Also, what is the formula to calculate the fee for 'contempt of court' petition?

A. What type of "Contempt of court" is to be filed i.e., is it civil or criminal since court fees differs in both cases?

Q. When a writ petition is only 100 in AP High courts, lawyers extorting 2 lakhs for a 40 lakh compensation case.

A. Vague and confusing facts cannot lead to form proper opinion and advise. Redraft or consult local lawyer if it is not a time pass post, as it can be made out from your reaction to the opinion and advise of learned senior expert Mr. T Kalsiselvan ji. 

Yasaswi Gomes   11 January 2024

What ever writ, what is the formula to calculate lawyers fee? So if lawyers weren't thieves trying to cover up for other miscreant lawyers, you would have a taken personal interest in formulating a fee chart. I'm an accountant and do what I have to do. You have to do what you have to do instead of hiding fees and asking misguiding questions etc

Nyaaya.org published writ prices in a nutshell. Who cares what it is?

LCI Thought Leader Sanjeev Duggal Advocate   19 January 2024

The fees for filing a 'claim of money' writ petition typically fall under the jurisdiction of the Court Fees Act, 1870. Section 6 of the Act outlines the fee structure based on the value of the claim. For instance, the fee for a claim of Rs. 40 lakhs would be calculated as per the prescribed rates mentioned in the Act. However, legal fees charged by lawyers are not regulated by statutory provisions but are based on agreements between the lawyer and the client.

Regarding ‘contempt of court’ petitions, the Contempt of Courts Act, 1971 governs such cases. Section 12 of this Act specifies that any person, found guilty of contempt, may be punished with simple imprisonment or with a fine. However, the Act doesn't explicitly outline a specific fee structure for filing a contempt petition.

In instances where lawyers charge disproportionately high fees, it's essential to consider the Advocates Act, 1961, which empowers Bar Councils to regulate the professional conduct of lawyers. Charging exorbitant fees could potentially violate the Bar Council's rules of professional ethics, and aggrieved parties can lodge complaints with the respective State Bar Councils.

1 Like

Yasaswi Gomes   19 January 2024

To everyone filing cases on your lawyers

1. They are worthless piece of junk in India because they like to earn money only

2. They are uneducated

3. Courts eat up your time and listen to police who could manipulate your cases

4. Courts can't deal with cases quickly because of low resources

5. Lawyers have bad habits of speaking to corrupted officials

Concluding many other factors, it's a system filled with bad attitude educated people

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     20 January 2024

Author has been posting "time pass" topics for debate as observed from his profile. 

Yasaswi Gomes   20 January 2024

Dr. JC is a fraudster answering for pocket money after retirement cause he never made money for himself and his family because he's uneducated at law school. Everyone knows that and that's he timepasses for 50₹ per answer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register