Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Yasaswi Gomes   09 January 2024

Bar council modus operendi

Hi

I have lodged a bar council complaint on my lawyer for cheating. I have recently sent an RTI.

The person in the bar council told me that they will call mefor a hearing in the council building. Will that happen or can they dismiss off my complaint via email?

Learning

4 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     09 January 2024

You may wait for the bar council message, they will not dismiss the complaint without intimation to you. 

1 Like

Yasaswi Gomes   10 January 2024

Yeah that's what I thought. Hey man there is a problem with the cops and public. They are using witchcraft on my mind. I see cops saying things into my mind. Then public saying something. Telepathic connections are normal and this is severe. Is there any acceptance of witchcraft eg. Someone comes into my mind and says your going to loose the case because your lying. If i lied to the public then why wasn't I arrested? Absurd, degraded humans! It's not a medical condition like fear psychosis or audio, video hallucinations. I can connect with you when I'm the mood just by watching your profile pic and upset your mind. This is bad and no science or law covering it.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     11 January 2024

The subsequent post is irrelevant to your subject post,  hence no opinions can be rendered on it 

LCI Thought Leader Sanjeev Duggal Advocate   19 January 2024

The Bar Council of India (BCI) handles complaints against lawyers. According to the Advocates Act, 1961, and the Bar Council of India Rules, 1975, the BCI is mandated to conduct hearings on complaints received against advocates.

The BCI typically arranges for a hearing at their council building or designated premises. However, there isn't a strict provision stipulating that complaints cannot be dismissed via email. The BCI might decide on the dismissal of a complaint based on the nature of evidence provided, without necessitating an in-person hearing.

However, the principles of natural justice must be adhered to. The BCI should provide an opportunity for both parties to present their case before reaching a decision. While a physical hearing is the norm, the BCI has discretion in exceptional circumstances to dismiss or process a complaint via written communication if it deems fit.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register