LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Susheelkumar Yadav   28 October 2023

Transfer Petition for Guardian and Ward Acts

Last year I filed G & W C in family court of Bangalore for visitation and custody of minor child. At the time of filing petition,child was residing in Bangalore and hon'ble court was pleased to grant physical visitation rights and video call everyday to connect with child. But order was never complied by my wife and purposely sent my child to her parents state to deprive love and affection of me and damage bonding between me and my son but she continues to stay in Bangalore itself. i kept on filing contempt applications and interim custody of child. She used to agree in front of Hon'ble judge to exercise visitation rights but she never complied. Last occasion, hon'ble judge was pleased to grant an interim custody to me, issued bailable warrant against my wife and asked me to take school admission of child in Bangalore. Next hearing is kept in December for evidence.Now my wife has filed a petition in Supreme court of India to transfer the case to another state.

I am seeking for answers to following questions:-

1. will supreme court allow transfer at Evidence stage?
2. will supreme court decide without giving an opportunity to defend?
3. will interim order be voided in case transfer is permitted?
4.what would be my approach to defend this in case given an opportunity?

any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

Learning

6 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     29 October 2023

The child's interest and welfare is paramopunt, hence if the same is filed on that grounds, then the supreme court may allow her petition for transfer

You will receive notice, you can engage an advocate and fight the case.

The interim orders passed by the trial couirt will be vitiated once the case is transferred, hence you may have to obtain a fresh order in the new court in this regard.

You can rely upon the develoments of the trial court to defend your interest in the supreme court .

1 Like

Susheelkumar Yadav   29 October 2023

thanks sir for the reply. I got an interim custody based on paramount of child only. if transfer is allowed at this stage of the case then isn't it misuse of judicial process.will Supreme court not look onto this perspective?

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     29 October 2023

You will receive proper notice of the transfer petition. However, if you did not respond to the notice, file valkaltnama and contest the case Supreme Court is bound to decide the case on its merit and subject case (G & W Act) may get transferred.

However, in case of transfer, earilier order (visitation or interim custody) shall not be interfered/disturbed by Supreme Court in any manner whatsoever.

Contact, consult and engage a local (Delhi based) prudent lawyer for better appreciation of facts and necessary proceeding. If you feel, may contact me.

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     29 October 2023

The transfer petition would not be decided without hearing the opposite party. And the said petition would not be allowed if it could be established to be based on grounds which are less than bonafide.

1 Like

Susheelkumar Yadav   29 October 2023

Dr. J C Vashista - thanks very much for prompt response. please share your number to connect with.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     30 October 2023

You are wleome for your appreciations, you can be in touch with the senior advocate JC Vashista Sir on further issues

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register