Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Yathish Yathi   28 September 2023

Regarding pothi khatha

Dear sir,

My grand father had a plot and he was died year ago, my father is the only son for him so we filed a pothi khata transfer for my father name under grama panchayath area and some fellow from the office told that he has recieved assesment copy of pouthi khatha.... My question is is the assesment copy of pouthi khatha itself a final pouthi khatha copy or it's just a acknowledgement???? Please can you help me out....

Learning

5 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     29 September 2023

If your grandfather died intestate and your father  got the property duly transferred to his  name (Pouthi Katha) with the consent of other legal heirs, this would suffice.

This is nothing but transfer of revenue records from your grandfather to your father and if there are no legal heirs to your grandfather other than your father then this would be sufficient

1 Like

Yathish Yathi   29 September 2023

Thanks a lot sir🙏

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     29 September 2023

Can you elucidate and explain the term "pauthi kathta" used by you, since it is a local terminology, unknown in general legal parlance.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     29 September 2023

You are welcome. 

Yathish Yathi   01 October 2023

I used a pauthi katha term for a legal transfer of name from the father property to the perticular legal heirs..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register