LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mourougane   08 August 2023

Visual imapairement 40% and above can eligible for mbbs admission

Happy morNing,  As per right to person with disablity act 40% and above avail reservation in higher educatiion. But mefical admission in india visual pairement 40 percent above not eligible.some of camdidate got irder from coyrt then got the seat under rpwbd act. Can you guide where to file suit in this regard. Natoinal medical commsion new guidelines issued.i am belongs to pondicherry state, india

Learning

5 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     08 August 2023

You need to file a writ petition in High Court

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     08 August 2023

RPWD Act 2016 recognizes people with low Vision as disabled and ensures them of protection and equal treatment under the law. “Laws such as RPWD need to be implemented effectively to ensure that their benefits reach the people they are made for.

For person with disability, there is a 3% reservation quota in every examination and job vacancy. To be considered under Visually impaired PWD category one must complete absence of sights or low vision.

Benchmark disability refers to having at least 40% disability of any type recognized under the RPWD Act 2016. The new Act recognizes 21 types of disabilities. So, to be in the category of having benchmark disability, a person has to have at least 40% disability as mentioned on her disability certificate or UDID Card.

If you are satisfying the said conditions you may fight for your rights through a writ that may be filed before High court of Madras.

1 Like

safeaccountingservices Velmuru   08 August 2023

Happy noon,

Sir, My son will be getting his disability certificate with visual display of 40 percent by this week as per your reply. I belong to pondicherry state can I file a writ in this state court or in High court Madras. Also, Can you help me in this regard by filing a writ in the court if your answer is no, Then can I file a writ on my own with a help of others from your profession.

Thanking you.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     09 August 2023

You are giving a general call to all the advocates of this forum.

You select an advocate and contact them personally 

safeaccountingservices Velmuru   09 August 2023

Happy noon,

SirI am planning to file a writ regarding this matter from your side. Can you please send me your contact number.

Thanking you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register