Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mayank Gupta   27 June 2023

Registering self proprietor business

Hello,

I am running a small business of online books selling from my house. I started few months ago and since its stabilizing I wanted to know how may I register it as Self propieter business. What would be the easiest way to do that? I was hoping to open Current Bank Account but it requires registration documents. Since books was GST exempted, I didn't apply for it. Any guidance will be appreciated as nobody in my known circle has any clue. 

Learning

3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     27 June 2023

To run a proprietorship business in India, the proprietor will have to obtain PAN and Aadhar. The proprietor must obtain GST registration, UDYAM registration and open a bank current account. In some states, the proprietor will also have to obtain Shops & Establishment Act registration.

In addition to the basic requirements above, additional licence and permits may be required depending on the industry, state, and local regulations.

1 Like

Mayank Gupta   27 June 2023

Hello Sir,

Thanks for the reply. I have Pan and Aadhar in my name. My business which is books is expempted from GST and therefore does not require GST Registration. Should I just proceed with UDYAM registration? Will it be sufficient for Current Account?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     27 June 2023

If your states mandates to register or obtain license under shops and establishment act, you may have to get it done, however you may go for UDYAM  process also.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register