LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Devina work   19 June 2023

General query- civil court junior divison- case status

Please help me with following terms beneath 'Purpose of Hearing' under Case history-

1. Order on Exh

2. Argument on Exh___Ready

Learning

5 Replies

Niharika Lohan   20 June 2023

Hi Devina, I’m Adv. Niharika and here is my answer to your question.

Exh is a common abbreviation used for EXHIBIT, which literally means to publicly display. With regard to a proceeding before the court, exh means a documentary evidence attached for the consideration of the court.

Now Order on Exh means that the Judge/ Magistrate has passed an order on the basis of the exhibit submitted to the court. Any party to the suit may via application bring to the court their documentary evidences by means of exhibits, upon which the court may pass an order of its decision.

Arguments on exh ready means, that the evidence has been recorded and arguments have been heard.

I’m attaching a relevant link for your convenient reading, kindly find it below.

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/argument-on-exh-ready--228329.asp#:~:text=EXH would mean the EXHIBIT,that as decree or dismiss.

Hope this information help, for more queries you can contact me at niharikalohan@yahoo.com

1 Like

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     20 June 2023

No presumption can be made on the basis of facts posted.

Contact your lawyer.

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     20 June 2023

It appears that a document has been filed as exhibit, since it has been objected and argued upon, the court has adjourned the matter for passing orders whether to allow the exhibit or not 

1 Like

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     21 June 2023

Objection qua exhibiting a document has to be decided at the time of final arguments and proceeding shall continue, in other words, no adjournment shall be granted to discuss/ decide mode of exhibiting a document under objection.

1 Like

Devina work   21 June 2023

Thankyou Niharika!! 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register