LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nikita Rai   20 June 2023

Police verification

After applying for my passport I was waiting for it to be delivered I received a mail for the dispatch and at the same time mail for the initiation of police verification (which stated to get in touch with the respective Police Office if verification is not done in three weeks) but soon after few days I received my passport and all my visa procedures were completed and I boarded the flight to Dubai.

I am still confused if my police verification was not completed how could I travel? How did my visa get approved? How did I pass through immigration.Currently out of country how do I settle this?

Learning

4 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     20 June 2023

You have not mentioned if the police verification was done or not.

Did the police visit your house or intimated you to visit police station.

If it's not done then the police may give an adverse report on you, in that case the passport authorities may issue a show cause notice to you.

Hence confirm this.

1 Like

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     20 June 2023

That is actually system generated email always just a formality and can be either repetition or late delivered and many don’ even receive it.

The passport cannot be issued until the Police Verification is done, and that is done upon reporting to PS by the PP office. You have no role in that.

You have already the Passport and you travelled on that means that is activated and very much active in system. Just forget about the email that is not even required to be replied.    You have nothing to do in that

1 Like

Nikita Rai   20 June 2023

Yes the verification was not done.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     20 June 2023

If the verification was not done, then on receipt of notice you may have to cooperate with the police to enable them to carry out the verification and submit their report to the passport authorities 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register