LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Siddharth (Manager)     21 April 2023

Respected advocates, please clarify this doubt

My father wrote some acres of our agriculture land and an apartment flat on step mom's name without our knowledge. She doesn't have any children. She might have done/ planning to do her own brother's children as nomees or even sell them after my father pass away. She never took care of my father neither treated him well, somehow he got hypnotized to her and her family.My father never was a family person. He didn't take responsibility towards his original family and kids and would spend money on his addictions.

my question is
1) How do I save that property from getting sold or going to someone else.
2) Even if my father writes a bond or promissory note that I have right on that after them, does she still have right to sell it what ever my dad did on her name.

I don't want my property go to wrong hands and undeserving people who conspired to divide and ruin our family to get the property.

Learning

3 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     21 April 2023

Given the facts stated, there could be no remedy which could be favourable to you.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     21 April 2023

1.  You cannot prevent your father from alienating his self acquired properties including his decision to transfer the properties to your step mother's name.

You do not have any rights over his properties at least not during his lifetime.

Hence you cannot do anything about it.

2. What is bond or promissory note doing with immvoable property, you understand the question first and then seek clarification

3. Your father's properties are not your properties, hence you cannot do anything about it even if it is going to wrong hands. 

1 Like

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     22 April 2023

givne facts indicate a dead end.

how your father acquired this property?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register