LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Triparna   08 April 2023

Neighbors harassing

I am a tenant in an Old Mahada building in Mumbai. I live on the first floor and there's a open area outside the balcony which belongs to the groundfloor house. People pour water and it goes through the open area. 

i have neighbors living one house after mine where the lady comes and discards her phenyl water and other water from my balcony which makes the water to clog and leading to mosquitoes breeding and other things. 

i have requested her twice but she refuses and instead tells me jo karna hai kr lo main toh dalungi. 

Learning

5 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     09 April 2023

Get the issues solved amicably with neighbour before restoring to legal option.

1 Like

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     09 April 2023

Serve the neighbour a legal notice and register a complaint in the local police station. If situation persist, get a petition filed under section 144(2) of crpc and section 107/113(2) of crpc. Also file an injunction suit against her.

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     09 April 2023

You can issue a legal notice to the neighbor to refrain her from indulging in such nuisance and causing harm to your peace living, if she still continues to do the same thing, you can give a complaint against her with the local civic body for relief and remedy

1 Like

Paula Morgan   18 April 2023

@Tripara 

Solve problems with your neighbors with affection first.

Sewn Shara   18 April 2023

As a tenant in an Old Mahada building in Mumbai, you have certain legal rights and protections under the Maharashtra Rent Control Act, 1999. One of those rights is the right to peaceful enjoyment of your rented premises, which includes the balcony area outside your house.

In this case, it seems like your neighbor's actions are causing a nuisance and inconvenience to you, as well as posing a health hazard with the clogged water and potential for mosquito breeding. You have already tried to resolve the issue by speaking to your neighbor, but she has refused to cooperate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register