LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sandeep chauhan   08 July 2022

cheque bounce case

what is legal time of case a file against a person after giving legal notice of cheque bounce?

Learning

11 Replies

Paramanda Samal   08 July 2022

six months

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     08 July 2022

within 15 days from the date of notice rec eived
1 Like

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     09 July 2022

Complaint can be filed within 45 day ( 15 days time to make cheque amount + 30 to file complaint ) after deliver of notice.

2 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     09 July 2022

Well advised by expert Mr. Bhartesh Goyal, I agree.

15 days after service of notice cause of action starts, thereafter complaint is required to be filed within 30 days.

What is your locus standi if it is not an examination hall question paper?

sandeep chauhan   09 July 2022

that person gave me 10000rs and 09 cheque signed by him at 10 thousand RS per month after cheque bounce legal notice recieved by him .
then should I file a case or wait? he recieved legal notice on 14 Jun and the date which he mentioned on cheque is 31 st july , 31 aug so on till nine cheque

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     10 July 2022

@ Sandeep Chauhan,

You have stated, inter alia, that

"that person gave me 10000rs and 09 cheque signed by him at 10 thousand RS per month after cheque bounce legal notice recieved by him ....".

How much money is involved in the facts posted by you ? What is the date of subject cheque(s) ? When did the cheque dishonour ? Vague and confusing facts.

You have further stated, inter alia, that,

"...he received legal notice on 14 June (year not mentioned) and the date which he mentioned on cheque is 31st July (again without mentioning which year) ..." 

How can legal notice be issued and received on 14 June for a cheque where date is stated to be 31st July ??? 

Redraft the facts of this post, if you are not satisfied with the advise of the lawyer engaged / paid by you. 

Your lawyer might have issued legal notice, isn't it ? What is his / her opinion and advise, if your statement vis-a-vis query is true ?

Unbelievable, vague and confused statements for consideration, forming proper opinion and oblige by experts on this platform

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     11 July 2022

Yes, your subsequent posting are too vague and dispinted to make nay meaningful suggestion.

sandeep chauhan   11 July 2022

pardon me , I had given cheque bounce legal notice for one lakh Rs to my friend on on 06 Jun 22 and he recieved that on 14 Jun 22.after 15 days he gave me only 10000 Rs and for rest of amount ,he gave me 09 cheque of Rs ten thousand each.
So my confusion is that , should I file a case or wait for remaining cheque credited or bounce ? because he may be again fraud in next cheque bounce

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     12 July 2022

Did you present the cheque(s) for realisation ? If so, whether it has been dishonoured ? 

You are just streching the thread without posting all relevant facts, which make impossible for experts on this platform to form proper opinion and oblige.

It is better to consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for proper appreciation of facts, professional advise and necessary proceeding

P. Venu (Advocate)     12 July 2022

He has already paid the amount due. Without a cause of action, how you can approach the Court?

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     15 July 2022

As I could understand from the averment made in the facts the accused has made part payment of Rs. 1,000/- out of Rs. 1,00,000/- .

Is it so ????

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register