LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Meghavath Santosh   18 May 2022

Can i get govt job appointment if i have pending criminal case

Respected sir/mam, i have one pending criminal case against me section three seventy six(two), four seventen and four ninty three ipc section  and i got Government job in CAG and case is pending against me , i am not proven guilty , so can i get appointment letter and will they allow me join.

Learning

14 Replies

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     18 May 2022

When you join a Government job you have to fill up an attestation form. Answering questions in the attestation form you will have to mention about the case pending against you. The appointing authority will decide whether to give you appointment or not based on the seriousness of the case.

P. Venu (Advocate)     18 May 2022

Yes, you need to disclose the information as to the ciminal cases. The offences alleged involve moral turpitude. As such, the crucial issue would be whether you have been acquitted on merits.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     18 May 2022

It all depends on the actual query in the application.  If the term is Are you Convicted you can safely say NO.  If the term is are any criminal cases are pending, then you must state only facts.  The key point is you are not supposed to state false and misleading information. 

1 Like

Meghavath Santosh   18 May 2022

Yaa today i have mentioned everything in attestation form and they have asked me have been arrested, have been convicted, have you been prosecuted, and i mentioned everything in the form will they give appointment

P. Venu (Advocate)     19 May 2022

You may await further decision. If appointment is denied, you may seek judicial review.

Meghavath Santosh   19 May 2022

If they reject and later if i acquitted from the case  then can i appeal for the appointment sir 

Om Prakash   19 May 2022

Chances are, that you will not be appointed, if you are the only candidate selected for the post. Even, if there are more than one selected candidates, then also, the candidate with clean records would be preferred. 

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     22 May 2022

I thought that you have already got the appointment offer and you are asking here before joining. If you have stated all the facts, wait and see whether they confirm your appointment. If during the waiting period you get acquitted  promptly inform them. If you get convicted keep quiet and do not join.

Lourdes Perdon   23 May 2022

I would sooner assume than confirm that if you have a criminal record, government jobs in India won't be available for you.  But the former assistant in our company, even if it wasn't a state company,was fired, once her petty larceny was uncovered. I really don't know what to advise. Maybe you could check with layboard for any remote freelance vacancies or overseas vacancies that don't have to deal with criminal record check?

Suresh   23 October 2022

Did you got job? Please reply it's urgent

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     08 December 2022

Does not appear so.  Attestaion forms are filled much beofre joining.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     08 December 2022

Blank attestation form is handed over to the candidate at the time of joining duty for the first time. The candidate has to fill up and return it. It is then sent to the Police for enquiry. The Police report returns several months later. Action is then taken if there is an adverse police report. It can be relieving (not dismissing) of the candidate from the job and something lesser. I am a retired Government servant.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     06 January 2023

appointment offer is issued after receipt of police report.

ravada revanth   16 April 2024

did u joined in the organization what happend to your job

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register