Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Johnson Marian   16 February 2022

Patta for government land

Hi,
I have a property in Nazareth tamilnadu, got it registered and have all legal documents, got the first owner original documents as well, it's been now more than 6 year's, I want to get patta on my name, when I checked online it's says this is a government land, tried to visit Thashildar office, only given hopes no progress, is there any other way where I can approach a lawyer who can get the patta on my behalf, as right now I came to Mumbai for work. Please help me.

Learning

6 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     17 February 2022

What is your title to the property?

Johnson Marian   17 February 2022

Sir it's under my name individual name.

Palak batra   18 February 2022

Dear Querist,

Patta is a government record Regarding the details Of the ownership of the land. It validates Every property purchase made by an individual even if the property is government land.

For government land, Patta verification is a necessary step. The tehsildar of that particular area will register the Patta For that an application is sent to the tehsildar and it’s tehsildar’s discretion to accept the application or not. One can also register for Patta online Through the official Website. Here, all the details of the property is to be provided After that the town Survey land Register will issue an Online certificate With the property details.

Regards, 

Palak

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     18 February 2022

You are evadingn the facts. There should been a grant or transfer by operation of law or otherwise that the land is in your name! 

Johnson Marian   18 February 2022

Sir this property was under someone else name now this property is purchased from them since 2016, I have all the old and new registration copy, EC which shows the ownership records, but when I checked online for patta it says it's a government land, I approached the person from whom I brought the property, they said that even they don't have patta as they too were waiting for the government to give them free. I am born and brought up in mumbai, never heard about patta hence I missed this part while doing the registration, plus during my registration in 2016 it was not mandatory for any patta to be a compulsory document, as said by the registrar office when I approached them now. 

P. Venu (Advocate)     19 February 2022

There need not be any problem if you have purchased the property through a duly executed (registered) conveyance deed and had got the mutation carried out in the revenue/municipal records accordingly.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register