LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

amit Shah   29 September 2021

Mental torture by wife

Hi there I am an newzealand citizen and have been living in Australia from last two and half years. I need to report about my wife. She's being a horrible person to me. I need some assistance thanks.

Learning

2 Replies

minakshi bindhani   29 September 2021

As per your query concerned!

In New Zealand, marriages and civil unions are terminated by dissolution and not by divorce.

The Family Proceedings Act provides only one ground for dissolution, which is that the marriage or civil union has broken down irreconcilably. That ground can only be established if, and only if, the parties have been living apart for at least two years immediately preceding the filing of the application for dissolution. The fault is not a consideration.

Living apart requires both a mental and physical element. A couple may, for example, be living apart even though they continue to share a common residence. Conversely, they may be living together as a couple despite residing in separate residences.

There is no legal process for terminating a de facto relationship. Such relationships are terminated by separation

Hope it clarifiies the issues!

Regards
Minakshi Bindhani
1 Like

amit Shah   29 September 2021

Can I please ph you  I need urgent assistance.  I won't be able to explain you the whole matter here. Please thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register