Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

saggy   24 May 2021

Drinking and caught under section 66(b)

Hello Sir,

I need a help from everyone on urgent basis. I was caught drunk by police in gujarat a year ago and I got the summons recently on that. I was aressted for 8 hr and than I got bail, but before that my medical examination was done. And the case of Drinking and Travelling under article 66(1) B was registered against me. I was convicted and i pleaded guilty. Fine of 250 was charged. The case is cleared now.

I have cleared SSC CGL exam and selected in GST department. I need to submit attestation form in which i will mention all details. So after mentioning all details of court case will I be rejected or my application will be allowed.

Learning

9 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     25 May 2021

In my opinion, since this is a petty case, you may better not divulge the details in your application because it will not reflect in the verification report by police at a later stage too.

Since this is a petty case you  do not complicate simple things. 

2 Like

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     25 May 2021

It is a difficult question to decide and inform you.  If you do not disclose the case and the resultant punishment and if the prospective Employer finds out during routine verification, it would surely be viewed as suppression of fact. If you sincerely inform all the details, it is not known how the officialdom reacts to it. It is better a proper decision is taken at your end only.

1 Like

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     25 May 2021

i don't  think it give problem to your employment. but it is your duty to disclose the case details and explain it

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     25 May 2021

1. Since you were Arrested and Convicted with a Fine, the Crime Records will perpetually reflect your offences & records.  This cannot be circumvented or concealed or over-looked during any futuristic investigation /verifications, for any purposes, without any exceptions.

2. Based on above, mention "conviction by levy of Fine", in the self declaration form.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal 
VISIT:  www.chshelpforum.com

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     25 May 2021

What is your place of residence (District) and where you have been booked in Gujarat?  

Also, file an online RTI Application through a friend or relative away from your native district online to DOPT and seek information as follows:

Information solicited:

1.Please provide a copy of the circular/orders/notification about disclosure of specific cases against the selected employee in his declaration that states that petty cases like traffic fines/drunk and drive cases etc., have to be declared.

1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     25 May 2021

Disclose the facts.

Being a petty issue it will not harm your career.

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     25 May 2021

What exactly is the information sought in the attestation form? "article (sic, it is Section) 66(1) B" - which is the Act?

saggy   25 May 2021

(a) Have you ever been arrested ? Yes/No
(b) Have you ever been prosecuted? Yes/No
(c) Have you ever been kept under detention? Yes/No
(d) Have you ever been bound down? Yes/No
(e) Have you ever been fined by a Court of Law? Yes/No
(f) Have you ever been convicted by a Court of law
for any offence ? Yes/No

Section 66 (b) drinking and traveling in Gujarat. It is Bombay prohibition act.

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     26 May 2021

Originally posted by : saggy
 I was caught drunk by police in gujarat a year ago and I got the summons recently on that. I was aressted for 8 hr and than I got bail, but before that my medical examination was done. And the case of Drinking and Travelling under article 66(1) B was registered against me. I was convicted and i pleaded guilty. Fine of 250 was charged. The case is cleared now.

I have cleared SSC CGL exam and selected in GST department. I need to submit attestation form in which i will mention all details. So after mentioning all details of court case will I be rejected or my application will be allowed.

Gujarat State has prohibited Alcohol Sale /Drinking, barring few rare exceptions.

QUESTION:  Did you "ILLEGALLY" /Clandestinely obtain Alcohol, which is in itself a prosecutable offence.

Anyways, you have no option but to self-declare what is suggested earlier.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register