Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harsimar Singh   06 March 2021

Blackmail for salary, work not fully done.

I am 15 years old, I run an app development company (its not registered). I offered an online job to someone and sent him (lets say 'A') a job offer letter to mail (it was clearly mentioned that send the signed enclosed copy of this letter for acceptance) but 'A' didnt reverted but we started working. [Salary was 25k] He said i can do this project and at last everytime he didnt completed the work and only half done (no client takes half app), he did only 1-2 complete projects and for it i paid him 6.5k and now he is demanding full money. Client dosent pay for half work. I said that complete the work and take full salary but he said i will not complete. Now he is blackmailing me that i will complaint legally on behalf of consumer rights rule no.8. What should i do? Am i correct?

Learning

2 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     07 March 2021

Originally posted by : Harsimar Singh
I am 15 years old, I run an app development company (its not registered).
I offered an online job to someone and sent him (lets say 'A') a job offer letter to mail (it was clearly mentioned that send the signed enclosed copy of this letter for acceptance) but 'A' didnt reverted but we started working.
[Salary was 25k]
He said i can do this project and at last everytime he didnt completed the work and only half done (no client takes half app), he did only 1-2 complete projects and for it i paid him 6.5k and now he is demanding full money. Client dosent pay for half work.
I said that complete the work and take full salary but he said i will not complete.

Now he is blackmailing me that i will complaint legally on behalf of consumer rights rule no.8.

What should i do? Am i correct?

1. Since you are only 15 years old (Minor Child), your employee legally CANNOT file any case /complaint for any monetary claims against you, for his unfinished work/job.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT:  www.chshelpforum.com

1 Like

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     07 March 2021

You should issue him a notice that the Job Offer letter is cancelled  as you failed to accept the job . Since he was suppoused to sign and return the offer means that is not any binding contract. Stop paying any more

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register