LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arunkumar   15 September 2018

Nativity certificate for married women.

I married a girl from pondichery intercaste marriage( she is SC and i am BC) and now both are working in the tamilnadu government, as i am from tamilnadu.. For getting the postgraduate exam my wife needs to produce the nativity certificate and caste certificate. As for as caste certificate i already got a reply from this forum as caste certificate from the pondicherry government is enough. thanks for that reply. Now my doubt is if she produce the nativity certificate from tamilnadu government  as she was married to me, which is mandatory for her postgraduate reservation quota (tamil nadu as native) , will the caste reservation get denied as the caste certificate is from pondicherry government.  

Learning

1 Replies

Palak Singh   31 March 2020

Nativity Certificate and Caste certificate are two very different documents. 

While a nativity certificate is a government document which is issued by the State Governments to certify that the individual has been residing in a particular location for five or more years, a Caste Certificate is issued for the purpose of availing educational benefits, job benefits, and to avail various benefits under government schemes.

Nativity certificate is issued in every state in India and is used to get admission in schools and for employment purposes. For the purpose of creating a nativity certificate in Tamil Nadu, one needs to be a resident of Tamil Nadu and he/she needs to have any one of the following documents:

Hence for nativity certificate you only need to prove that you are a resident of Tamil Nadu. There is no need to worry as caste certificate is a completely different document and there is no issue of contradiction. Also, normally states have the caste certificates validity for 6 months to 1 year. In Pondicherry, the Govt has introduced the "Permanent Caste Certificate" which has legal validity for 15 years for educational and employment purposes. Hence, please check if your wife has permanent caste certificate or not.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register