LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

akash (mech. engineer)     17 April 2010

Defamation

I am Group A Gazetted officer in DAE. I am owner of two flats in a coop. hsg. society . I raised some issues related to society about “misappropriation of public funds, danger to life of the residents, illegal tree cuttings, revenue loss to the state government and other issues” by the managing committee of the society. All those issues with the society are well within the ambit of the rights conferred upon me as the member of the said co-op. housing society under the provisions of “Maharashtra co-op. societies Act 1960 and rules 1961” . The matter is still under progress with the Hon,ble Joint Registrar, Co-op. Societies.

In retaliation managing committee given a written complaint to my employer against me alleaging baseless allegation. My employer issued me a memorandum alleging, "complaints have also been received from the chairman ,Tapasya CHSL to the chief vigilance officer , BARC alleging misbehaviour/misdeeds of shree saraf. It is also reported that shri saraf is making use of his status in BARC while making complaints to various agencies. Such incidents / behaviour on the part of shri saraf bring disrepute to BARC in which he is employed". 

There is no issue of disreputation to organisation . So, kindly advise me legal remedies available against the organisation. Already I have filed civil/ criminal suit  against the managing committee of the society.

Learning

1 Replies

Parthasarathi Loganathan (Advocate)     17 April 2010

Since your action is well within the ambit of common interest of all residents and if proved that any no point of time you have used the official authority of BARC, you can always defend yourself accordingly

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register