LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bathu   19 November 2019

Marriage with saudi citizen

Hi, I am an Indian, can I get married with my Saudi gf here in India? As per Saudi law we won't be able to marry unless the girl's guardian grand permission to get married, which he already denied

Learning

11 Replies

Sourav Das (Advocate Supreme Court of India)     19 November 2019

yes, you can.

call me for assistance.

Sb Karma   19 November 2019

Originally posted by : Bathu
Hi, I am an Indian, can I get married with my Saudi gf here in India? As per Saudi law we won't be able to marry unless the girl's guardian grand permission to get married, which he already denied

Yes you can as indian law,but make sure she is adult too.And in advance Congrats!

Bathu   19 November 2019

Yes I am a Malayali, and there is no restriction to travel outside Saudi as they have liberalised the law woman can actually travel outside the Kingdom without guardian now and she is having her passport with her. My only concern is getting a no objection letter from Saudi consulate in India, when I read the required documents to get married in India, it ask for a no objection letter from the consulate which is impossible to get without guardians conecent

Bathu   19 November 2019

Thanks for response, she is an adult, what about the no objection letter from Saudi consulate? Is it not necessary?

Originally posted by : OM PRAKASH
Dear Sourav das and Sb Karma, first of all you should have known that a Saudi Arabian, female (minor, adult, unmarried, married) will not be allowed to travel, means Indian Consulate or any other nation's consulate around the globe will not issue the Visa. 2) 99% of the S Arabian fathers keep the Passport of their women folks under their lock and key. 3) So, how would you both be giving paid assistance to the original querist Bathu, who may be 90% a Malyali?

First-of-all Mr.OmPrakash ji

Never underestimate our query-seeker less knowledgeable he asked that his girlfriend and he wants to marry in india,thats why i reply his process in india......i reply for indian process ,because he already know there consular process....so may be she is  1% of those women who can came to india ...

so just inspire him....yes

Originally posted by : Bathu
Thanks for response, she is an adult, what about the no objection letter from Saudi consulate? Is it not necessary?

yes it is

Bathu   19 November 2019

Thanks all for your response, I am not clear yet, will I be able register the marriage here in India without the no objection letter from Saudi consulate?

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     20 November 2019

Yes, you can marry her without seeking NOC from Saudi consulate.

Be aware she can not move back to parent when they are unfavourable to such marriage.

It is advisable to consult a local prudent lawyer with relevant facts/documents for appreciation, guidance and proceeding.

Best wishes

1 Like

Bathu   20 November 2019

Hi Om Prakash,if I had knowledge of all this, I would not ask questions here, I felt that you are not worth to be given complete answers as you are not aware about what's happening around the world and you still think that Saudi women can not travel without guardian permission or they gonna behead the women etc,I wonder how did you even qualify to become a lawer. PLEASE NEVER INSPIRE ANYONE EVER AD IT WILL ONLY LEAVE A NEGATIVE EFFECT ON THEM.

P. Venu (Advocate)     28 November 2019

What is the source of the surmise that you require NOC from the Saudi Counsulate? Moreover, she is in our country at present on a visa -how could her permanent stay be got regularised?

Bathu   28 November 2019

I read it from some online portals that we need an NOC from Saudi consulate, I got an year tourist visa for her in that she can stay up to 60 days continuesly, I am planning to change the tourist visa to Xvisa once got married, only hurdle for it is NOC from Saudi consulate, any advise?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register