LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

S. Agrawal   10 December 2016

My streedhan not returned

I have lodged FIR against my husband and inlaws and police have filed 498a against them. All my gold jewellary is with them. Police mediated return of the streedhan but my inlaws refused to give my gold untill I return them the mangalsutra. I want to ask if mangalsutra constitutes streedhan.? And wht are all the requirements for adding 406 section. I have no written statement from them that they have not returned my gold.And even I have not asked for it in written. Also till now after 8 months of filing FIR , chargesheet has not been presented in court. Wat shud I do for proving 406 on them.

Learning

27 Replies

Sachin (N.A)     10 December 2016

Originally posted by : S. Agrawal
my inlaws refused to give my gold untill I return them the mangalsutra. I want to ask if mangalsutra constitutes streedhan.?

What type of magalsutra is that for which you both are fighting ?? 

If they are agree to give all stridhan only in exchange of magalsutra why are you not agreeing on this??

in which section/s FIR is registered? 

Why police have not included 406ipc ?

What is the status of their bail?

But if mangalsutra constitutes the streedhan why shud I return it? Already they have taken 2 laks cash from my salary account. And not returning that also.

But if mangalsutra constitutes the streedhan why shud I return it? Already they have taken 2 laks cash from my salary account. And not returning that also.

498a. They got anticipatory bail from high court. I dont know why police has not included 406. Sachin ji I am asking about what law says not about exchanging gold.

Originally posted by : S. Agrawal

Then be ready to prove 2 things in court during trial.

1. Your list of stridhan is true.

2. Your stridhan is still in the possession of your inlaws

And how to prove the second point? I cant but if the police checks their lockers, it will be there only

Ask the police to recover your stridhan from in laws. 

IO will move an application to Court to pass an appropriate Order under search and seizure.

But question is do you really think that your inlaws will wait for police to come and recover the items??

Thanku for your reply

Thanku for your reply

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 December 2016

If you can prove Rs.2lacs/collected from our salary a/c include it also.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     11 December 2016

aNYWY THEY HVE agreed to return th egold jewellary sans Mangalal sutra,. MAY BE NOT DUE TO SENTIMENT  AS DEVOTION TO YOUR HUSBAND BUT THAT IS ALSO A PIECE OF GOLD YOU ARE INSISTING ON MANGAL 'SUTRA. Police hve included IPC 406 in their charge sheet.?You take written proof of your gold Jewellary in writing by your husband. Get acknowledgememnt  in writing.They have collected Rs.2,00,000/- from you rslary. Include that also in stridhan. or seperately.If you   appreciate this answer please give me all my profile likes

S. Agrawal   11 December 2016

My in laws always used to threaten me that that will commit suicide and write my name on suicide letter that I was torturing them. I have a call record related to that. Can it help me in any way to my mental harrasment ? Or can it go against me?

Sachin (N.A)     11 December 2016

I don't understand why some members are advising "To claim 2lac in list of stridhan"

Stridhan only includes:

1. Gifts made to a woman before the nuptial fire.
  2. Gifts made to a woman at the bridal procession
  3. Gifts made in token of love by father-in-law, mother-in-law
  4. Gifts made by father, mother and brother

So, withdrawing 2 lac from salary account is not stridhan.

Even if any women claims that " X amount" of  cash was given to her at time of marriage by her parents even then it is next to impossible to prove and recover. 

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register