LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pankaj Sharma (Software Engineer)     08 February 2016

I filed an rcr and wife registered a false 498a after that

My name is Pankaj Sharma, a software engineer and live in Delhi. I got married 2.5 years back and has a son- 1 year old. My wife is a greedy, arrogant & quarreling person and I'm quite incapable to cope with her and want to get rid of her. My life has become hell due to her. She even Emaild me couple of times that she is not able to live a comfortable, luxurious life with me and want divorce. She even wrote in mails that she has planned to go to her home and file false cases against me & put me in jail, otherwise I should pay her Rs. 10 Lacs cash and she will happily give me divorce. For the last 2 months she is staying at her parents home in Faizabad UP. I've filed an RCR in a Delhi court and the wife has been summoned to appear on the next date in Mar.

Meanwhile, after receiving summon, she filed an FIR in Faizabad, UP u/s 498A, 323, 504, 506, 313 IPC and U/s 3/4 DPA (needless to say that all are FALSE), and I've received a notice by the Mahila SO, Faizabad PS, UP to appear in person. I called the SO on phone and she told that I've to come for mediation for my matrimonial dispute and she will try to resolve in the presence of us both. I also asked whether my wife has informed about the court proceeding already under progress w.r.t our metrimonial dispute, she told 'no'. 

I like to know some following points in this regard:

(1) Can police register an FIR unilaterally, i.e. by listening only one side of the story of the complainant's? Also can they do it merely on verbal or written complaint and without subtantiated by any sufficient legal evidence or proof? 

(2) Since the matrimonial dispute is already under consideration of the hon'ble court and the court is doing mediation in this respect (since it's an RCR, means I already want my wife to return to her matrimonial home), can the police also undertake a mediation by registering FIR? Won't it be equivalent to interfering/superseding the court proceedings? What will happen if mediation by the police fails but parties agree in the court or vice versa? What is the relevance of the police mediation in this context? 

(3) SC in 2014 has ordered automatic/arbitrary arrest in 498A. What is the chances of getting me arrested if I appear before Mahila SO in Faizabad? What is the ground situation in UP?

(4) Is there any chances of getting this absolutely baseless & false FIR quashed? Can it be done requesting the court where the RCR is already in progress? Can it be done by complaining to the ACP, Faizabad? 

What should I do, what needs to be done, kindly advice URGENTLY ! 
Thanks, Pankaj Sharma, New Delhi

Learning

4 Replies

Augustine Chatterjee,New Delhi (Advocate & Solicitor at Law)     08 February 2016

Firstly let me tell u up and front . RCR is a totally hopeless and dead legislation. You may think that it might be able to help you avail bail but it shall not . At the end of the day everyone knows that it has been filed to avail bail and hence it splinters . Go for a divorce petition until and unless you really do want her to come back which I advise against , especially after she has filed a criminal complaint as well . Investigation is an after process of an FIR . In fact any investigstion Carried out prior to the FIR Is illegal as it shows that the FIR was a product of the investigation. The FIR is merely the first report of the alleged offencd and yes it can be filed and registered at the behest of one party only . But then don't worry. You will not be arrested at the drop of a hat. The entire mediation procedure shall be followed . Thereflafter if the same fails , you shall have to avail the remedy of obtaining a stay over the arrest . Arrest is not a very common site in matrimonial case but only if u follow the correct path wrt filing the appropriate cases . I don't know who is guiding you . But then judges frown heavily upon people who add to the burden of the court by unnecessarily Filing an RCR when everyone knows that the actual intention is a divorce. If you actually and whole heartedly want your wife back then don't let me advise get to you . I hope that things work out for you . But if you have filed an RCF merely to benefit from it in the future , then pleas ditch that path , file a strong divorce Petition aftr engaging an expert lawyer and then make her realise her mistake. That will actually help you in the long run. 9999931153
1 Like

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     09 February 2016

RCR is a gateway for 498 A and DV.Hence U were wrongly adviced for filing RCR.

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     09 February 2016

Since she already filed false criminal cases then withdraw your RCR petition now as it is compoundable. These criminal cases are non-compoundable.

Please file petition u/s 144 CrPC at district court as FIR is already registered and hence chances of obstruction, or danger to human life, health or safety.

Also please apply for anticipatory bail u/s 438 CrPC at district court in parallel with the said SC order about no automatic arrest as you have mentioned.

Please focus on Quashing with Speedy Trial and Perjury later.

Please see my profile to know more with sample petitions and FAQs 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     15 February 2016

I concur with the views expressed by learned advocate Mr. Augustine Chaterjee. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More