LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jaypsgtech (Ffh)     30 June 2015

Tamilnadu tenant eviction issue

I have a house in Coimbatore and there is a tenant who is living there since 2009. He did not sign any lease agreement. 

He is paying rent but he has made a mess of the house with pets and other outdoor projects which I believe will devalue the building if allowed to continue.

When requested to evict(verbally and email) he was not responding and today finally when I spoke to him, he is threatening legal action.

Is there a way I can evict this tenant? He does not keep the house clean and does not allow my representatives(since I am out of station 99% of the time) to visit the house.

Learning

4 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     30 June 2015

just send him a legal notice for him to vacate within a month for you need the house for your bonafide personal use.if he doesnt oblige file a eviction suit against him in the court

1 Like

Jaypsgtech (Ffh)     30 June 2015

Originally posted by : saravanan.s
just send him a legal notice for him to vacate within a month for you need the house for your bonafide personal use.if he doesnt oblige file a eviction suit against him in the court

Thank you sir. If I file a eviction suit, will I get quick relief. I am worried it may drag for years. Also, is it a problem since we don't have a rental agreement?

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     01 July 2015

I agree with expert advise of Mr. Saarvanan S.

If you want to proceed legally (for which you have sought expert's legal advise) you will have to follow the advise, the only and best legal option available to you for eviction of your tenant where you have no rent agreement/ granted any leave and licence to stay permanently.

Issue legal notice for vacating the demised premises within 30 days of the notice failing which he has to be declared tresspasser and unauthorised occupant, for that you can claim damages. You shall have to file a case for eviction of tenant in the Court of jurisdiction which shall adopt prescribed procedure (consuming time as apprehended by you). Both the parties shall be granted opportunity to present their case and only then the Court shall pronounce the decision.

Contact, consult and engage a local lawyer for further  advise, guidance and proceeding in a professional manner.

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     02 July 2015

I agree with saravanan and vashista sir.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register