LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Turab Dedanwala (Director)     24 November 2009

Indemnity Letter

I have to secure a business from a company who is buying the product froma japanese company. The product of japanese company is a patented product. We have successfully made the product here and have a ready buyer in India. The buyer wants us to sign an indemnity letter confirming that we have not copied or broken any patent law and wants us to issue an indemnity letter or bond to them so that in case of any infringement or legal action by the Japanese company they are protected. We are very sure that we are on the right path and have not violeted any patents rights.

Learning

3 Replies

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     24 November 2009

If you are sure about non-violation and are on sound legal footing, give the certificate. What is the hitch?

Turab Dedanwala (Director)     25 November 2009

Dear Mr. Anil

Please accept my apologies as I have had inadvertantly clicked on the NO THANKS icon.

However I thank you once again and would like to know further

How do we legally word it so that the client who is USA based can accept it. The Jurisdiction will be India (preferable )or USA or any Internationally recognised authority.

Please advice if you can help and how much it will cost?

Thanking you

Turab Dedanwala

If you can help to word it legally -- then the required details can be provided--How much it wil cost?

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     25 November 2009

I am sorry that I won't be able to help you in drafting the letter. I suggest you go to you bank. 

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register